Places to Go & Things to See
- Take the White House tour.
- See Wilco at the Ryman.
- See Wilco in Chicago.
- Tour Graceland.
Things to Make
Things to Do
- Pay for a stranger’s dinner.
- Be an extra in a movie.
- Send surprise gifts to 5 friends for no reason. (1/5)
- Write a short story. Let someone other than Rockford read it.
- Get 50 massages. (lifted from Leslie)
- Help my youngest brother get into college.
- Write a children’s book.
- Host a summer movie series in the backyard.
- Take saxophone lessons.
- Try out for our local community band.
- Learn to knit. Make something I’m proud to have made.
- Teach Poppy to ride a bike.
- Teach Pete to ride a bike.
- Come up with at least 100 items for this list.
Flights of Fancy
- Be debt-free.
- Touch a beluga whale.
- Hug a sloth.
- Feed a giraffe.
- Attend Camp Mighty.
- Go to Italy with my niece.
- Take my dad to Alaska.
- Spend a week in Paris with Rockford.
- Spend a week in NYC with Rockford.
- Take a cooking class in Beijing.
- Take a vacation in the Seychelles.
- Spend a long weekend at Blackberry Farm.
- Commission a portrait of Poppy.
- … and one of Pete.
- … and one of Marsha T. Cat.
- Visit Belgium.
- Visit Ireland.
- Visit Australia.
- Spend a week at a family summer camp.
Around the House
- Make our bedroom a beautiful, serene place.
- Unpack every last box.
- Renovate the basement.
- Take down the wallpaper in the master bathroom.
- Take down the wallpaper in the hall bathroom.
- Decorate Pete’s room.
- Take portraits of 25 people I love. (6/25)
- Go on 15 family hikes. (2/15 complete)
- Buy 5 pieces of original art. (1/5 complete)
- 35 random acts of kindness (5/35).
- Watch all of the Academy Awards Best Picture winners. (35/85)
- Buy a great pair of boots.
- Take the kids to Disney World. // “An exhaustive look at our trip to Disney World,” 08/22/12.
- Grow my own vegetables. // “In which I grow something for dinner,” 05/2012.
- Get a manicure. // “Experimenting with food, fingernails and fashion,” 01/08/12
- Upgrade my wardrobe. (Fewer T-shirts.) // “Experimenting with food, fingernails and fashion,” 01/08/12
- Make Sizzling Rice Soup. // “Experimenting with food, fingernails and fashion,” 01/08/12
- Make Butterfingers, 11/09/11.
- Make cream soda.
- Spend a night on a train. // “And Then I Came Home,” 08/03/11. (It wasn’t overnight, but it was an 11-hour train ride. I’m counting it!)
- Buy a house. // “Home is Wherever I’m With You,” 08/08/11.
- Work on a Habitat house. // “I Almost Made a Blister on My Thumb,” 03/22/10.
(Rockford made a list, too! Here it is!)