Hello friends! I hope you had an excellent weekend. We did a lot of house cleaning, raked our yard and helped Poppy rake the neighbor’s yard and made Trisha Yearwood’s Slow Cooker Pork Loin for Sunday night dinner. It was all-in-all a very nice weekend.
For no particular reason, this week I have crafted a menu plan that involves me not making dinner for the first two days. C’est la vie, say the old folks. Here’s what’ll be on our table this week:
- Monday: Out
- This probably would’ve been Chipotle night, but I’m currently boycotting Chipotle for charging me something like $2 to add black beans to Pete’s quesadilla. I could’ve bought a whole can of beans for less than that, Chipotle. Anyway, I’m not sure what we’ll have but someone else will be preparing it.
- Tuesday: Breakfast For Dinner
- Rockford recently marked his 10th year of employment at his workplace, and they honored that by giving him a waffle maker. Actually, they gave him a digital catalog and said “Here, pick something,” and he picked a waffle maker because he loves waffles. And he has been all about waffles since it arrived. So he’s making WaffleDinner on Tuesday.
- Wednesday: Baked chicken and stuffing
- I’ve been yearning for a bowl of stuffing and gravy recently, and while I know The Annual Celebration of Stuffing is nearly upon us I decided not to wait. But I didn’t want to serve just stuffing for dinner — even though that may be all I eat — so I’m baking some chicken, too.
- Thursday: Tacos
- We could (and often do) have tacos twice a week every week and be happy. Maybe not healthy, but happy.
- Friday: Pizza
- I went out of my way last week to find a store that sells Amy’s Vegan Margherita Pizza, and it was legitimately delicious. Or maybe I’ve just forgotten what cheese tastes like. Regardless, I’m having another one this week on pizza night.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.