I am always pleased to have a Saturday totally free of obligations on the schedule, so I was already looking forward to last weekend. And then the weather folk said “You’re going to get a light dusting of snow!” and I was pleased because I like a light dusting of snow.” Then they said “You’re going to get 2-4 inches of snow!” and I was OK with that because the kids like to tromp around in a bit of snow.” And Thursday night they said, “Uh, you’re going to get a lot of snow. Like, 8 inches maybe? Or 12? We have no idea, really. Just get some bread and milk and plan to stay home.” And I was back to being thrilled because (a) Rockford managed to get home from Minneapolis just before the storm hit and (b) I love planning to stay home.
So we had a cold, stay-at-home weekend, with a good number of snowball fights and several naps while binge-watching “The Crown” and one nice-sized snowman, and we ended up with just over 10 inches of snow.
- Monday: Hawaiian Meatballs
- “What was that thing you used to make with green peppers and pineapple?” Rockford asked.
“Ummmmmmm,” I said. “Sounds like it could be a sweet-and-sour something?”
“No,” he said. “I think it was meatballs.”
And so it was. I last made this Pioneer Woman recipe something like 4 years ago.
- Tuesday: Pizza, perhaps
- Wednesday: Breakfast For Dinner
- Last week’s tap-dancing class was equal parts amusing and confusing. I really should practice the steps we attempted to learn before Wednesday so I have some hope of keeping up. Regardless, Rockford will be at home making waffles for the kids.
- Thursday: Sandwiches
- It’s STAR WARS DAY! So we’ll have some sandwiches before we go see the movie.
- Friday: Soy-Glazed Pork
- This was overly salty the last time I made it, so this time I’m going to make my own black bean paste so I can cut down on the sodium a bit. I hope it works.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.