Hey everybody, welcome back to Butterscotch Sundae Dot Com.
Here’s a TLDR of my Summer Vacation: It started with a theft and ended with a shooting.
I used Priceline for the very first time to book a room. I’d never stayed at a La Quinta before, and for some reason my impression of it was that their properties were a bit run-down and sketchy. But the Priceline thing was nonrefundable, so we were going to stay there. They put us in a smoking room first and then moved us to a room with a moldy tub, and then we got to the car the next morning and discovered that someone had stolen my laptop, Rockford’s headphones, Poppy’s headphones and all of our road snacks. We were not blameless in this situation. We shouldn’t have left anything in the car in the first place, and the lack of damage to the car would indicate that someone forgot to lock the car. But it wasn’t a great way to kick off our vacation, and it solidified my belief that La Quintas are a bit run-down and sketchy.
The rest of the week was a maelstrom of swimming and movies, baseball games and family time, and septic failures and driveway replacements. My in-laws had to break the lock on our storm door to get into our house while we were gone, my dad wrapped up the week with a kidney stone, and Rockford heard a shooting near our house about 20 minutes after we got home.
It was a weird vacation.
- Monday: Crunchwraps
- Rockford loves them, and we haven’t made them in quite a while. I’m hoping they’re just as good without cheese.
- Tuesday: Orange chicken meatballs
- This Just A Taste recipe is sufficiently tasty, and it’s a hit with most kids.
- Wednesday: Shake ‘n’ Bake chicken
- I’m endeavoring to teach Poppy how to make a few meals on her own, so she’ll be making dinner on Wednesday.
- Thursday: Undecided
- Poppy has a dentist appointment, so she’ll be on Soft Foods for the evening. She’ll probably have mac ‘n’ cheese.
- Friday: Pizza
- We haven’t been doing family pizza night very often since I quit eating dairy. I bought a soy cheese pizza from the Amy’s collection this week, though. Hopefully it’s decent.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.
How’s your summer going?