I should probably be telling you today that we’re starting the New Year with a nice restorative broth or something, but I cannot tell you that because that would be a lie. We’ll actually be doing pretty much what we always do, which is Ingest A Lot of Cheese. Here’s what we’ll be enjoying for dinner this week:
- Monday: Butternut Squash Risotto
- Butternut squash is the one vegetable that Poppy will eat willingly. That’s generally only in ravioli form, though. I’m hoping this creamy risotto will win her over. I’m going to try to make it in the new electric pressure cooker my dad gave me for Christmas. (It isn’t the Instant Pot, but I think it’s pretty much the same idea.)
- Tuesday: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- We’ll also be having french fries.
- Wednesday: Chicken sausages and mac & cheese
- “What do you want for Poppy’s choice night?”
“Macaroni and cheese.”
“We can have mac and cheese as a side, but we need to have something else, too.”
“Fine. Chicken sausages. Can I pick them out?”
She chose a chicken-apple sausage.
- Thursday: Sloppy Joes
- It’s cold and dreary here this week, which means it’s a great time for a sloppy Joe.
- Friday: Pizza
There’s a cute little printable for menu- and grocery-planning over at Home Ec 101, if you’re looking to get into the menu-planning game. Which I highly recommend. It saves money, it means fewer trips to the store, and you only have to think about What’s For Dinner once all week.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.