I am, as always, trying to find a way to feed the household on piano-soccer-guitar-tae-kwon-do-school days. Usually my answer is either the Crockpot or sandwiches, but yesterday it occurred to me that perhaps I could make dinner in the morning, when I’m not running everyone to and fro, and then everyone could heat up the components and eat whenever they got home. So while Poppy read about electrons and chemical bonding, I cooked a couple of chicken breasts and made a bourbon-mustard pan sauce. And in the evening everyone ate one by one as they shuffled back home. I have to admit, I was pretty pleased with myself.
- Monday: Bourbon-Mustard Chicken
- We tried out a box from Plated a few weeks ago, and my main takeaway from the experience was that Chicken With A Pan sauce is an easy and delicious dinner. So I searched for more of such recipes, and this one struck my fancy. The kids weren’t crazy about the sauce, but I loved it.
- Tuesday: Spaghetti and meatballs
- I’m doing a weight-loss challenge with some friends on Facebook, so my meal will be more Meatballs and A Salad than spaghetti and meatballs.
- Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner
- I think my goal for the summer might be to get the kids very comfortable with cooking eggs so they can make this one on their own.
- Thursday: Steak & Gnocchi
- Pete loves the recipe station at Publix, and he picks up the recipes whenever they’re serving something he likes. He picked this one up quite awhile ago, and we’re finally going to try it at home.
- Friday: Take-out, probably
- Or we might end up with frozen pizza again. We shall see.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.