Well I missed days 9, 10 and 11 of National Blog Posting Month, so I think it’s safe to say I won’t be completing it this year. I was a little disappointed with myself on Saturday morning when I realized I hadn’t written anything on Friday, because this will be this first November in a lot of years that I haven’t posted something every day. But the good news is that I am write on track on my National Novel Writing Month project. In the word-count sense, that is. The story itself is off-the-rails nonsensical. But I’m still doing that, and it’s taking up most of my words every day.
A friend gave me a try-it-out code for Hello Fresh recently, and we’re trying that out this week. It’s overlapping with my Blue Apron experiment, so pretty much all of our groceries were delivered to the door this week. It’s felt extremely indulgent. I have a code for $40 off at Hello Fresh if any of you would like to try it out. Disclaimer: I’ll get a $20 credit it you use that link.
- Monday: Lemon pepper chicken linguine
- This is from Hello Fresh, and I think there’s a 50-50 chance the kids will like it.
- Tuesday: Out probably
- It’s a pretty scattered day. Maybe I’ll come through the door with bags of freshly prepared salads, but it’s more likely to be cheeseburgers.
- Wednesday: Honey-glazed Pork Tenderloin
- This one’s also from Hello Fresh. I’m a sucker for anything honey-glazed, so I’m expecting to like this.
- Thursday: Seared Chicken with Honey Mustard
- This one is from Blue Apron, and the kids will be off rehearsing for “A Christmas Carol” so it’ll just be me and Rockford trying it out. It looks a little plain.
- Friday: Steak fajitas
- The kids have had play practice so often lately that they haven’t been helping with dinner, but they’ll be home Friday night so Pete is going to make us some fajitas. With a lot of assistance, sure, but it’s his show.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.