This weekend a lady brought a snake to our yard sale and didn’t buy anything, I got a sunburn on my right arm and a bit of my right leg because the sun weaseled in around my shady spot at the pool, and I discovered that the lid to my grill is about to disconnect itself and fall off as I prepared to make fajitas for Father’s Day dinner. All of which might sound like it wasn’t a good weekend, but it was actually a very nice weekend indeed. The snake lady left quickly, the rest of my person is not sunburned, and I have faith that the Chargriller people will email me back any time now to help me figure out how to fix the grill.
After a nice weekend of playing video games and lounging around at the pool, the children are continuing Operation Busy Summer this week with a half-day church camp. The crew at church is loading the kids into the van every morning and taking them off to a charity organization to spend a few hours volunteering. Today they’ll be working in a garden that provides fresh produce to a local food pantry. Pete wasn’t particularly thrilled about the idea, but he signed on when he found out they’re going to the pool on Friday. And also I told him he could download a Pokemon game if he went without complaining. I’m not proud of resorting to bribery, but there you go.
Here’s what I will not be grilling for dinner this week:
- Monday: Grilled cheese
- Tonight is Poppy’s Choice night, and she’ll be having the standard-issue American cheese sandwich. The rest of us are going to have something we sampled a few weeks ago at Trader Joe’s. It’s a sandwich with white cheddar, some greens and a little bit of bacon jam. Bacon jam sounds like a disgusting idea, doesn’t it? But it added the perfect sweet-salty note to the sandwich. I don’t know what greens they used, but I’m using spinach because I have some in the fridge.
- Tuesday: Fish sticks and mac & cheese
- This is never my favorite meal, but fish sticks were on sale and I already had some mac and cheese in the cabinet. There’s a good chance I’ll just have cereal.
- Wednesday: Tacos
- We can always count on Pete to pick either tacos or cheeseburgers on his night.
- Thursday: ???
- I ran short of inspiration when I was making the grocery list. I’ll figure this one out later this week.
- Friday: Pizza
- I’ve been enjoying the meatball parm pizza from the place down the street. We’ll probably order that this week.
Still hungry? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie for more menu plans.