It is possible that we have reached the end of our Season of Very Busy Weekends. Hallelujah, so say we all.
We were a house divided on Saturday, with Rockford and Pete journeying over hill and dale to attend a high school graduation and Poppy and I at the soccer fields for her marathon games. Rockford and Pete had a lovely time celebrating the Eldest Nephew; Poppy won three games and lost two and played more ferociously than I’ve seen her play all season; and I alternated between dodging raindrops and applying sunscreen for five hours of very odd weather.
Yesterday we were together again, and it was a rather nice day. We started off the day with another wild-goose chase to look at real estate for my dad — the road this house was on ended in someone else’s driveway, and when I emailed the realtor to ask for directions he said “Oh, you don’t want that house.” Later I followed Tyler Florence’s instructions for BBQ chicken, and Rockford and The Brother-in-Law Who Was Promised (aka my sister-in-law’s fiancé) pulled all the weeds out of our jungle-like flowerbeds and then we ended the weekend watching Bran ruin everything (Beware: The night is dark and full of spoilers).
Tonight is the first of four more evenings of soccer for Poppy, who is trying out for the top-of-the-heap team in her age group. Cross your fingers for her.
- Monday: Hot ham-and-cheese sandwiches
- It was going to be grilled-cheese night, but Pete, as Pete is wont to do, requested more protein.
- Tuesday: Fish sticks and mac & cheese
- My mom and the kids discovered their mutual love of fish sticks not terribly long ago, and now they want fish sticks and mac every time she visits.
- Wednesday: Sausage alfredo
- The sausage alfredo recipe popped up on either Facebook or Pinterest as an ad, and I thought it sounded pretty good. We’re going to give it a shot.
- Thursday: Cheeseburgers
- If we’re having cheeseburgers, chances are good that it’s Pete’s Choice night.
- Friday: Pizza
Hungry for more? Check out a whole bunch of menu plans at OrgJunkie.com.