If this week’s menu looks a lot like last week’s menu, it’s because I lost my grocery list somewhere between home and the store and then I couldn’t remember any food I’ve ever eaten or prepared in my lifetime. I guess that’s the problem with relying heavily on grocery lists and meal planning. I don’t do well when it comes to spontaneity. (This is true in groceries and in life in general.)
I was the first one in line this morning at the deli counter, but the three people working were all feverishly preparing a large online order that had just come in and was to be picked up in 15 minutes. By the time they got to me, there were five other people waiting. We chatted about our favorite deli meats and encouraged one another to try them. The deli employees overheard us and started slicing samples of everything we were all ordering to pass out. It was a lovely little deli party, and I learned that the expensive, fancy salami really is delicious.
- Monday: Sandwiches
- Our diners will have a choice of turkey, buffalo chicken or bourbon ham. Or just plain cheese, if you’re Poppy.
- Tuesday: Spaghetti and meatballs
- I made this last week with the intention of freezing some of the meatballs, but the meatballs all fell apart so I just stirred them into the sauce and had spaghetti with meat sauce for lunch for most of the week. I didn’t think I’d ever want spaghetti again, but here we are. I can’t quit you, pasta.
- Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner
- I once asked Rockford what he’d like to see on the menu for the week, and he said “We could have breakfast for dinner one night. And we could have pancakes another…” He was completely earnest. The man loves breakfast. Happily for me, he also loves making breakfast.
- Thursday: Something from the wok
- I’ve never actually used a wok, but one has recently come into my possession. We’ll give it a spin this week.
- Friday: Frozen pizza
- Hopefully I remember to pick up a non-dairy one for myself.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.