Last week found me buying copious snacks and supplies for Hurricane Florence’s visit to the mountains, but by the time she got to our house she was just a regular old rainstorm. A very rainy and insistent storm, but not one that required any special supplies. Our power was out for about four hours yesterday, and we spent the time reading, playing Carcassonne and Say Anything and eating our hurricane snacks.
I’m grateful to be back to our regular, not-waiting-for-a-hurricane schedule this week. Here’s what we’ll be having for dinner:
- Monday: Bulgogi bowls
- This uses Gochujang sauce, which I’ve never used before. I’d never even heard of it until recently, and when I went to buy it for a recipe it was really expensive so I made something else instead. I guess it’s become more mainstream since then, though, because the price has come down considerably. Minimalist Baker says it’s really easy to make at home, but I bought a bottle before I learned that.
- Tuesday: Chicken sausages & mac ‘n’ cheese
- I bought an extra pack of chicken sausages for red beans and rice last week, and then I ended up not using them. So here they make their triumphant return, in OrgJunkie.com’s recipe for Chicken Sausage with Roasted Vegetables.
- Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner
- Pete has been playing Dungeons and Dragons on Wednesday nights, so we haven’t been together for Wednesday night dinner all that much lately. We generally pick up a cheeseburger and a Filet O’ Fish on the way there, but I think we may try something else this week. Poppy and Rockford, meanwhile, will be eating eggs at home.
- Thursday: Honey soy pork tenderloin
- I’m trying to make something in the CrockPot on Thursdays, because it’s our wackiest day, schedule-wise. This week we’re trying honey-soy pork tenderloin from Add A Pinch.
- Friday: Frozen pizza
- I don’t have much to say about frozen pizza except that I asked our local Publix if they’d start carrying Amy’s Vegan Margherita Pizza so I wouldn’t have to go to a competing grocery store for one solitary item, and they did. Thanks Publix!
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.