Today is Midterm Election Day in America, and it’s kind of a big deal. We talked about that yesterday, though, and I am trying not to spin the wheels of anxiety thinking about that. I’m also trying to be more mindful about eating my feelings, so instead of diving into a big pile of Halloween candy let’s talk about our menu for the week.
- Monday: Crab cakes
- Everyone else was elsewhere for dinner last night, so I bought myself some crab cakes from Publix and had a nice and tasty little dinner all alone. It was not unpleasant.
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Bacon Apple BBQ Chicken
- It almost takes longer to type the name of the recipe than it does to prepare it. Not really, though, because I have to peel and chop five apples and I am slow at that.
- Wednesday: Poppyseed Chicken
- Wednesday is Pete’s birthday, and this is what he wanted for dinner. I haven’t made it in a long time because it’s chock-full of sour cream and I don’t eat dairy anymore. I have not decided if I’m going to pop some Lactaid and go for it or not.
- Thursday: Undetermined
- The kids have play practice and we’ll have guests visiting, so we may go out.
- Friday: Frozen pizzas
- Fancy Friday, as always.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.