The last few weeks I’ve put a good bit of energy into making sure we had wheat- and dairy-free meals, because Pete and I were doing an elimination diet. We finished that project and found that we both feel a bit better on limited amounts of dairy and wheat products. So this week finds us sliding back into our old ways a bit, and I’m kind of disappointed with that. We’ll see how we both feel at the end of the week; I may need to go back to a more restrictive menu plan next week.
- Monday: Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Well, it was meant to be grilled cheese, anyway.
Pete ended up asking if he could have a bowl of Quisp instead, and I acquiesced because it was that kind of evening.
- Tuesday: Cracker Barrel chicken
- I haven’t actually made this recipe the last several times it’s been on the menu. Maybe we don’t like it enough to leave it in the regular rotation. We’ll see if we actually have it tomorrow.
- Wednesday: Leftovers? Sandwiches? Quisp?
- We’ll be busy little bees on Wednesday,
so it’ll be kind of a fend-for-yourself evening.
- Thursday: Breakfast burritos
- I intend to make breakfast burritos, but there’s a pretty good chance the kids will request regular ol’ eggs and veggie sausages instead.
- Friday: Pizza
- I’m still avoiding dairy and wheat, but I’m not eschewing either all together. We tried a gluten-free pizza from a local place a few weeks ago. It was surprisingly lovely.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.