I try to do our Christmas shopping throughout the year, picking up gifts for people here and there as I see things they might like. For some reason I did exactly zero of that this year, and now I am suffering the consequences. By which I mean: I have quite a bit of shopping to do this week. Since I decided to load the entirety of this week’s stress allotment into Christmas-gift procurement, we’re having a week full of simple meals.
- Monday: Breakfast for dinner
- I still need to pick up some bacon for this.
- Tuesday: Fish sandwiches and macaroni & cheese
- Poppy requested fish sticks this week, and the store was having a buy-one, get-one sale on Gorton’s products. So I bought some sandwich-size planks for Rockford and myself.
- Wednesday: Beef stew
- This comes together very easily in the CrockPot.
- Thursday: Pizza
- Due to the paycheck schedule, I will be — to my great and everlasting chagrin — heading out into the commercial wilderness with all of the other last-minute shoppers. So we’ll order pizza for dinner.
- Friday: Christmas Dinner
- I’m making Homeroom mac & cheese, sweet potato casserole a la Boston Market and Martha Stewart’s Cranberry Trifle (maybe with some white chocolate added in) for our Friends & Family Christmas Dinner. There will also be smoked turkey, ham, spinach casserole, roasted veggies and possibly other treats.
Have a great week!
Need more meal-time inspiration? Check out OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday linkup!