Hey Nichole, where’ve you been?
Mostly in the car. These kids with their activities, you know?
But why haven’t you been writing anything?
I think I lost my mojo a month or so ago, and I still haven’t found it. But Poppy tells me I should write something, so here we are.
I’ve spent a good amount of time recently trying to figure out what Pete and I can and can’t eat. We’ve both been having some stomach issues, and I’ve been having headaches and dry, itchy spots on my limbs. So we’re doing an elimination diet to try to figure out if my favorite foods — bread and cheese — are doing us wrong. It seems to be working. I haven’t had as many headaches, both of us have had fewer stomachaches, and I had a pretty bad Day 11 after eating some bread and cheese on Day 10. (I know 10 days isn’t long enough, but we had a special occasion.)
We’re trying to eliminate wheat/gluten and most dairy. I say “most” because I’m still cooking with butter. I’ve only struggled with it a couple of times, mostly when confronted with pizza or naan. I can’t figure out which item I’d prefer to be causing the problem, but I’m very much hoping it isn’t both of them.
- Monday: Soy-Scallion Flank Steak
- I didn’t use gluten-free soy sauce in this marinade. Hopefully that doesn’t do us in.
- Tuesday: Balsamic chicken
- I’ve been making this for awhile, since my father-in-law changed his diet for health reasons. It’s delicious.
- Wednesday: Barbacoa tacos
- We’re going to serve this with corn tortillas, and I already know I’m going to miss the sour cream and cheese. I’m hoping copious amounts of avocado will help.
- Thursday: Breakfast for dinner
- I have a meeting, so Rockford will be manning the pancake (and gluten-free waffle) station.
- Friday: Pork tenderloin
- I haven’t decided how I’m going to do this yet, but I’m leaning toward putting it on the grill.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.