As I do from time to time, I’ve been thinking about shutting Butterscotch Sundae down. And I still haven’t made a decision about that, but obviously it hasn’t been a priority. It’s been … a bit since I posted.
But here it is Monday, and I without much on the schedule for the day. So let’s see if we can dip back into this.
Obviously, a lot of eating has gone on here at Butterscotch Sundae headquarters even though I haven’t told you about it. You could infer this from the fact that we are all still alive, but here are a few things I’ve made recently, if you need further evidence.
I’ve had the Cúrate cookbook for a couple of years, but I hadn’t made anything with it because it’s a little intimidating. I finally decided that roasted potatoes couldn’t be that difficult, so I tried the patatas bravas recipe. Holy moly, you guys, it was delicious.
Pete wanted me to make some peanut butter cup ice cream, and I obliged. I think this may be the first ice cream I’ve made since I went dairy-free. I popped a Lactaid so I could try it, and it was very, very good.
I had a hankering for bahn mi, and this Tofu Bahn Mi completely satisfied. I pickled a peach along with the veggies for a few minutes, and it made the whole thing soar. Now I just have to remember where I found the tofu marinade recipe.
Here’s what’ll be on our table this week.
- Monday: Spaghetti and meatballs
- I finally realized that without meatballs, I’m always hungry 30 minutes after I eat pasta. All hail the mighty protein.
- Tuesday: Turkey sandwiches
- Or maybe meatball sandwiches, if there are meatballs left over. And if I don’t eat those meatballs for breakfast.
- Wednesday: Pepper, potatoes and sausages
- I’m going to toss all of these with olive oil, salt and pepper and throw them in the oven.
- Thursday: Festival of frozens
- I’m not sure exactly what’s lurking in the freezer, but we’ll find out on Thursday. Hopefully it’s nothing gross.
- Friday: A mystery
- Not that there’s an epic surprise planned or anything. I just don’t have a plan yet.
So how’ve you been, and what’ve you been eating?
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.