Weekend mornings might be my favorite time of the week. Today being a bonus weekend today makes it that much sweeter. Here’s our routine:
- Poppy wakes up. Some mornings she gives an all-out cry. Sometimes she just stands up and says “Daddy-Daddy-Daddy” or “Mama-Daddy-Mama-Daddy-Mama-Daddy.”
- Rockford wakes up to the sound of his little girl calling for him. (Or crying.)
- Rockford goes to fetch Poppy.
- Marsha takes advantage of the open bedroom door. She leaps onto the bed. If the ting-a-ling of her bell doesn’t wake me up, her whiskers tickling my face certainly will.
- Rockford and Poppy come back to the bedroom. Poppy says, “Mama!” and dives for me.
- Rockford turns on PBS.
- We cuddle and watch a little “Clifford” or “Bearnstain Bears,” depending on how late we slept.
- After the show, or whenever Poppy is done with the show, we head downstairs for breakfast.
It’s the perfect way to start the day.
. . . . . the end . . . . .