To paraphrase the iconic philosopher Bob Wiley, there are two kind of people in this world: Those who like Wes Anderson movies, and those who do not. Seeing as this website is named after a line in “The Royal Tenenbaums,” it should be surprise that folks here at Butterscotch Sundae headquarters are decidedly in the “Those who like Wes Anderson” camp. And so we are very excited that his new movie, “Isle of Dogs,” comes out this weekend. What does this have to do with Menu Plan Monday? Zero things, except that we might eat popcorn for dinner on Friday night.
Also, I’d like to say that I wish I’d publicly announced the “Isle of Dogs” / “I love dogs” connection when I first noticed it months ago so I could, I don’t know, reap some internet fame or something.
- Monday: Chicken Taco Soup
- This is one of those Open 16 Cans And Throw It All In The Slow Cooker recipes, which means it’ll be either hideous or divine. I’m trying to find several recipes of this type that are more divine than hideous so people can just eat dinner whenever they get home on our wacky-schedule days.
- Tuesday: Tacos
- Rockford invited one of his co-workers over for dinner. I tried to plan something fancy, but Rockford said tacos would be perfect. So tacos it is.
- Wednesday: DIY
- It’s another day when everyone has a weird schedule, so I’m just going to have the materials available for sandwiches. Or cereal. Or whatever, man.
- Thursday: Balsamic chicken
- This is one of my favorite heart-healthy recipes. It’s simple and really flavorful.
- Friday: Popcorn?
- Or not, if we decide to see “Isle of Dogs” on Saturday instead. All hail the matinee.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.