Rockford and I were trying to count up the number of times I’ve had trips away from home on my own in the last 12 years. It was a very small number — four or five blogging conferences, that time my nephew was born — but it’s about to get one digit larger because this weekend I’m going to my brother’s house to greet my newest nephew! I can’t wait to meet him, and the kids are pleased to get Daddy Meals for a few days.
- Monday: Soy-glazed pork & rice cakes
- I tried to re-create the Blue Apron recipe that we loved from a few months ago, and it was pretty successful. I used House of Tsang “Classic Sauce” in place of the soy glaze, and I couldn’t find fairy tale eggplant so I just left the eggplant out. It was a little too salty — I need to find a less sodium-packed black bean sauce — but otherwise it was a success. I want to find another use for the Korean rice cakes, too, because I love them.
- Tuesday: Butternut squash ravioli
- We’re trying Trader Joe’s ravioli this time, with their Autumnal Harvest pasta sauce as a dipping sauce. I’d just toss it over everything, but it’s made with cream so I can’t have it.
- Wednesday: Chicken Noodle Soup
- I’ve been making a lot of Crockpot recipes on Wednesdays because the alternative is picking something up at a drive-thru on the way home from soccer practice and I’m trying to avoid that as much as possible. It’s been excellent soup weather here so far this week. Hopefully the cool weather holds out until Wednesday.
- Thursday: Rockford’s Choice
- I’ll bet it’ll be pancakes.
- Friday: Pizza
- There’s a pretty fair chance they’ll get Papa John’s.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.