We had a busy but very nice weekend here at Butterscotch Sundae headquarters. We spent some time on Saturday at an indie art and craft fair, and I saw these lovely things:
Octopi and other sea-life inspired pottery from Anja Bartels. She also had a line of dogwood pottery that was gorgeous.
Sweet and often simultaneously profane artwork by my friend Robin Plemmons.
Mind-bogglingly beautiful concert posters from Status Serigraph.
Stunning tiny sculpture from Funlola’s Workshop. Most of it was in the form of jewelry; I couldn’t believe the detail in her succulents in particular.
The “wire taxidermy” by Alison Brynn Ross blew me away. They were all delicate and lifelike and so quirky. I’d love to put this shark on my wall.
And my favorite thing from the whole show, Julia Claire’s pottery. Her designs feature geometric mountain scenes, and I’ve been admiring them on instagram for about a year. I was so excited to round the corner and see her work!
We got a lot of Christmas shopping done there, which is (in my opinion) great news for our gift recipients. Including myself, because I may have bought something from Julia Claire and stuck it under the tree To: Me; From: Me.
With zero segue, that brings us to this week’s menu plan. Here ’tis:
- Monday: Oven-Baked Chicken
- “Oven-Baked Chicken” is just another way of saying we’re having Shake ‘N’ Bake. I need to use up some potatoes, so I’m making mashed potatoes, too.
- Tuesday: Tacos
- Just your standard ol’ ground beef tacos, ft. black beans and avocado.
- Wednesday: Frozen pizza
- I’m embarking on what I’m certain will turn out to be a lifelong tap-dancing career on Wednesday evening, and I’m leaving my family to eat frozen pizza while I do it. Hopefully I don’t injure myself.
- Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner
- The question I face every week when I plan BFD: Will the veggie sausages make it until BFD night? Historical precedent says probably not.
- Friday: Pizza
- I know, I know! It’s a two-pizza-night week. Sometimes these things happen, and we have to learn to live with that.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.