As our guest list has grown and my diet has constricted, planning our Sunday night dinner has begun to look like a lateral thinking math quiz.
If Nichole cannot eat dairy and is avoiding gluten, her sister-in-law is a vegetarian, her father-in-law is diabetic and her daughter only eats beige foods, what can Nichole make for Sunday night dinner?
The answer has thus far often been Curries, Big Salad or Tacos. I’m trying to find some more options, though, so I’ve been saving recipes that look promising to my Sunday Night Dinner pinterest board. I’m planning to try Huevos Rancheros from Cookie and Kate and Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers from The Minimalist Baker sometime soon.
The rest of our week somewhat less restrictive, since I’m the only one with dietary restrictions. Here’s what we’re having this week:
- Monday: ???
- We were supposed to have chicken sausages this evening, but the chicken sausages didn’t make it into the house when we got home from the grocery store. They spent a whole 90-degree day in the back of the car, so I opted to toss them into the trash. If I get back to the grocery store today I’ll replace them. Otherwise we’ll have Breakfast For Dinner!
- Tuesday: Chicken salad sandwiches
- We may go to Chicken Salad Chick, unless I decide to try to replicate one of their crazy-delicious recipes.
- Wednesday: Orange-Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
- I didn’t realize how much chicken I had on the menu this week until I started typing this.
- Thursday: Cheeseburgers
- A very windy day conspired with a tent in our backyard a few months ago, and they took out my grill. I haven’t ordered the replacement parts to fix it yet, so we’ll be having oven-roasted burgers.
- Friday: Pizza
- The soy-cheese pizza I had last week was a poor substitute. This week I’m going to try making a cheese-free pizza with roasted veggies. Wish me luck.
Do you have any favorite meals for the difficult dinner party?
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.