Since last we spoke, I have discovered the joys of roasted strawberries and fallen into the trap of stress-eating about issues both international and domestic, Poppy has appeared in a kids’ performance of “Macbeth,” soccer season has recommenced, and Pete has decided to give public school a go. So it’s been a pretty eventful month.
Here’s what we’ll be eating this week.
- Monday: Fast food
- Welcome back, soccer season.
- Tuesday: Poppy’s choice
- We’ll be going out to celebrate Poppy’s 12th birthday!
- Wednesday: Steak fajitas
- We have tacos almost every week. We’re basically just having fancy tacos this time.
- Thursday: Chicken Jalfrezi
- Wikipedia tells me Jalfrezi is an “Indian Chinese stir-fry” invented by the British Raj as a way to use leftovers. I picked up the simmer sauce at the grocery store because it didn’t contain any cream.
- Friday: There’s a 90 percent chance we’ll eat out again.
Hungry for more? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie.