We spent a good bit of our weekend at various soccer fields, where Poppy was playing in a soccer tournament. It was her team’s first (and second and third) game of the year. They had a lot of fun, communicated well and played hard. They finished the tournament with one win, one tie and one loss.
There was considerably less running about yesterday, which was lovely. We went to church and had a BBQ lunch in the fellowship hall afterward, and I don’t think I left the house again once we got home. I will be leaving the house today, but not for terribly long. Then once we’re home I’ll make some quesadillas, per Poppy’s request.
Here’s the rest of the menu plan for this week:
- Monday: Quesadillas
- Last week’s quesadillas were a hit, and Poppy requested them again. I used some shredded chicken and black beans last Monday. Today’s edition will be ground beef, cheese and beans.
- Tuesday: General Tso’s Meatballs
- We had baked orange meatballs a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I’d make a variation on them this week. I’m going to make the meatballs with ground chicken, garlic and ginger, and I’m going to douse them with the Serious Eats recipe for General Tso’s sauce.
- Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner
- If it feels like we have breakfast for dinner every week, it’s because we pretty much do. I don’t love it, but the kids sure do.
- Thursday: Poppyseed chicken
- Everyone loved the poppyseed chicken when it made its appearance recently, and Pete and Rockford have been campaigning for it ever since.
- Friday: Pizza
- This may be the week I finally grill pizza again.
Still hungry? Check out the Menu Plan Monday linkup at OrgJunkie for more menu plans.