Hello there, Internet! Let’s see if I remember how to work this blog contraption. We still have large amounts of unpacking to do, but we no longer have overwhelmingly enormous amounts of unpacking to do. Which is good, because I don’t function well when things reach the Overwhelming stage. And it also means that we might be getting back to our regularly scheduled programming pretty soon. Speaking of which, the kitchen stuff is unpacked! So I have to make dinner again, rather than having it catered by our friendly local Sonic. There’s a silver lining to that, but the current lack of lemon-berry slush at my side is making it hard to find.
(Not really. I like cooking and it’s less expensive and my house doesn’t smell like tater tots. All good things.)
- Monday: Chicken with Stuffing
- I’ll be attending a “new members” meeting of the homeschool co-op we’ve joined for the year, so I thought I’d let Rockford have an easy evening with the kids. We haven’t tried this recipe before, but it sounds warm and comforting.
- Tuesday: Grilled sausages with mac ‘n’ cheese
- I’m trying to get back to my “themed” menu plans, and Tuesdays are designated Kids Choice. Poppy chose this week, which explains the macaroni and cheese.
- Wednesday: Butternut squash ravioli
- This was on the menu last week, but I never made it.
- Thursday: Tex-Mex Beef Enchiladas
- I’d planned to make these before the move, because they’re a freeze-ahead meal. I’d even bought the components! But then I never made it. So the beef will be coming out of the freezer this week, and the enchiladas will be … enchiladed?
- Friday: Pizza